Grrrr – Freeserve’s DNS is hosed this morning only allowing me access to certain websites 🙁 Dialed on now using Clara (thank goodness I didn’t close the account!)
With the new Kerio (aka Tiny) Personal Firewall running I noticed I got a lot of probes on port 53 from 18.104.22.168 resolver2.svr.pol.co.uk
22.214.171.124 resolver1.svr.pol.co.uk. These are the two dns servers so must be allowed access if anyone else is also getting the same and not knowing what to do!
ConquerCam has an update – couple of bugfixes and one security fix so definately worth patching from here
Today is the last day I can be referred to as a 20 something – celebrated by sleeping in this morning and not waking up until gone 10am which kind of makes up for the 4am start on Saturday when I couldn’t sleep. Had a good day out yesterday with my sister and her husband at Buxton
Finally got round to moving the new pc (which I bought before Christmas) nearer the phone and Hal is now live! Changeover went well -just having to download all the Microsoft Critical Updates – scary how many there have been in the past three months!
Well apparently I’ve won a copy of NetTweak Pro v3.42 (worth about £15) – so we’ll see how good it is!
Found a link to a list of programs that are started on your computer and whether they are needed or not. Ran through my computer and I’ve killed off about ten programs! Should make it load a lot faster.
grrrrrr – can’t sleep so thought I’d do some editing on the web page. Added some script to detect for parasites such as the comet cursor. If you have this installed on your pc then you should get a warning on the right of your screen.
Well with everything basically working, switched over the home page so welcome folks! I’m off to bed
Now have Tabeditor fully working and a page referral program so I can see where people are coming in from! Hard bit of coding and debugging but its been interesting work
Speaking of work – its been a very busy day today with one person chmodding all the files in the root directory downwards and then all the phones and internet connections have been off. At least it was nice and quiet and hassle free from external people!
Finally got TableEditor working. This is a great piece of asp code that enables you to modify access (or sql) databases using a web frontend to create tables, edit data etc. Had a couple of problems with a “Object provider is not capable of performing the requested operation” when trying to run Schema commands with error number 800a0cb4. However, by downloading the latest patched update at their upload site I was able to get it working. I also downloaded the multiple database mod that shows all mdb files in the directory – useful for accessing multiple databases without having to code the paths in by hand and it now works great. Unfortunately I can’t let you access it 🙂 However if you want a copy of this that works with BargainHosts (the company I use to host this site) then drop me an email.
Wow – I won my second internet entry competition today. Problem is I have no idea what I have won as I don’t remember entering! I think its some firewall or something!
New Webcam uploaded and working
Started to add links to the various photo albums I’ve uploaded during the years
Comment functionality added to the blogger and the archives are now available although there is not much in there at the moment!