Neil tagged me to do the 7 meme and as he did my flickr systray meme I thought I’d better join in – so here goes..
Seven Things I Plan To Do Before I Die
- Sell my house in England – hopefully WELL before I die but it seems to be taking a long long time.
- Have kids – as soon as the house is sold and I get a decent job we’ll be trying for kids.
- Go to DisneyWorld/Land
- Bungee Jump (or any other extreme sport)
- Get my MCSE qualifications – one day. It’s just far too expensive in time and money to chase these qualifications.
- Fly a Plane or helicopter – I was going to do this for my 30th Birthday but the opportunity never materialised – however it is a lot cheaper to learn in the US, so it is quite feasible.
- Go on a cruise – they always look really good, but it is hard to find a destination that Kristen and I would both like.
7 Things I can do
- Fly a (hang) glider – not for long admittedly but I have flown a hang glider at the Outer Banks in North Carolina (see pics). I’ve also flown a glider in circles and on approach for landing, but not the actual landing myself.
- Ride a motorbike – in fact this was my major form of transport at University and afterwards – only gave it up after getting married.
- Clean the litterbox – well someone has to!
- Solve most (if not all) computer problems. Well it seems like it sometimes and it’s not often that I admit defeat (and basically a reboot or reformat will cure most of them 🙂 )
- Spend too long on the computer – see above.
- Play the piano/keyboard – not brilliantly, but enough to get by and provide backing “noise”
- Do a great Stan Laurel impression.
7 Things I can not do
- Play or watch Football and have no inclination to do so either.
- Scuba dive – I went on a course to do this and loved it but the asthma/hayfever meant that I couldn’t breathe properly to satisfy the requirements of getting my PADI qualifications.
- Grow my hair very long.
- Understand everything that goes on at a American Football game. I try hard, but everytime I think I “get it”, they go and do something else weird.
- Give Blood – I’ve had cancer and also take hayfever medication which prevents me doing so.
- Ski – Always wanted to give it a try but never got round to trying it out – the fear of breaking a leg (or worse) has put me off – and its expensive too.
- Speak, read or write Chinese
7 things I find really attractive about
the opposite sex Kristen.
- Her Smile
- Her touch – there is nothing better than a loving touch after a hard days work (or any time at all really 🙂
- Sense of Humour
- Easy Goingness – not sure if that is a word, but it is essential for a great marriage and I knew we were off to a good start when we spent 18 hours in the car together the first day we met (and we’re about to do 2 stints of 10+ hours in the next fortnight).
- Her curves 🙂
- Her intelligence – even if it does mean she often beats me to the su doku game.
- The fact she loves me too!
7 things I say the Most.
- Free instead of Three and Portsmouf, Rafeon etc.
- Superb – when talking about how nice food is – but as Kristen takes the mick for me doing this, it doesn’t happen very often now.
- Yes Please, Yep. – Often when asked if I want something or other, this is how I’ll reply – no idea where this came from.
- Swine – I have the father-in-law to thank for this one as it’s (just) one of his Clousea impressions that I’ve picked up.
- Google – often appears in conversations on how to fix computers 🙂
- Hey Up – a greeting that I started to use when taking the mick out of a Stoke friend of mine, but now say it a lot when greeting people – it really confuses some americans!
Books authors I love.
Too many books to count really and I’m sure I’ve answered this question in a meme before. Just take a look at My Book posts on this blog. The main criteria is that they must have written more than one book!
- Stephen King
- Terry Pratchett
- Janet Evanovitch
- Jasper Fforde
- Douglas Adams
- Tad Williams
- All the bloggers that I read.
Seven people I would like to see take the quiz