According to Google Analytics, the following are my most popular posts. Funnily enough, the post to Manually Remove Google Desktop had twice the number of hits to the Absoblogginlutely! home page.
- Manually removing Google Desktop
- Unknown error 0x80040600 – Outlook corrupt emails in deleted items.
- Clientdiag for troubleshooting WSUS
- Fixing vpmsece.dll errors in outlook (Symantec AV plugin problems). Interestingly I posted this in 2003!
- Audible to mp3 (how to conversion)
- Backup Exec jobs won’t run but go to queued.
- Spell Check not working in Word. Word hides the option in a very strange location.
- Svchost crash with 0x745f2780. Need to install a hotfix from Microsoft.
- Error 0x80096001 when trying to run Windows Updates
85% of my traffic came from search engines – 75% in total from Google. This shows I have great Google ranking but not many people stick around 🙁
I run a small site with only 61,000 unique visitors 2000 of whom are suprisingly on dialup, 45% of users use dsl or cable – no surprise there really. Internet explorer accounts for 68% of users which I think is pretty large for a technical site. The 8 users who visited more than 200 times in the past year really need to learn the benefit of RSS feeds – if that is you and you need some help then let me know. 53% of users are in the USA, 13% in the UK.
Finally, as all good statistics are not complete with some sort of a graphic here is a map of visitors from the world – there are very few locations that haven’t visited – Madagascar was one that I could actually recognise from the map.